So lately on my instagram & facebook, a lot of people have been in Hawaii and their pictures of the garlic shrimp from Giovanni’s Shrimp Truck really got me craving for it. I don’t really remember the taste of Giovanni’s, but I remembered that it was something I knew I could replicate. Anyway, what I made satisfied my cravings. I didn’t take measurements of what I used, but here are the best instructions I can come up with:
- Brown your minced garlic (for this dish, don’t be afraid to use a lot of garlic!)
- On medium to low heat, add your shrimp (I used about a pound)
- Now this is where my memory is a bit cloudy because I pretty much use whatever spices and dry herbs are in my pantry and I just sprinkle them in according to my mood. Paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, garlic salt were used for sure.
- Add in your fish sauce (A MUST–add to taste, you can go as salty or as bland as you want)
- Turn up the heat and stir fry all your ingredients together so the shrimp is evenly coated in all the flavors. You know the shrimp is ready when both sides are orange. Try not to overcook it.
- Serve the shrimp with a wedge of lemon or lime (I personally prefer lemon) and a healthy side (I recommend broccoli). I like to pour some extra sauce over the veggies.
- Enjoy 🙂
– Big Spoon
P.S. I know my recommendations contradict my picture, but asparagus & lime were all I had to work with…